Information for Tenants
We provide a personal and friendly service to our tenants, offering friendly, helpful advice and guidance.
Tenants Administration Fees
Credit Check/Referencing fees are non-refundable. Tenancy Set Up fees will only be taken upon successful completion of the Credit Check and Referencing process.
The deposit, one months advanced rent and Tenancy Set up fees need to be cleared in our account 5 working days prior to your agreed Move In date.
The Tenancy Set Up Fee is non-refundable; should the tenant withdraw from the proposed letting, through no fault of the landlord or the agent. The Tenancy Set Up fee will be refunded in full, should the Tenant’s withdrawal be due to a breach of the proposed letting agreement by the landlord or managing agent. If you are an existing tenant of Amistad letting agents and are looking to move to another property which we manage, the fee applicable to you is The Tenancy Set Up Fee.
Administration Fees are refundable subject to prior agreement with Amistad letting agents. However, if your application is withdrawn then the cost is non-refundable. Deposits are refundable up to 5 days prior to Move In date, otherwise a cancellation penalty will be mandatory.
Please be aware that some Landlords impose certain restrictions in respect of the following:
- Housing Benefit
It usually takes a minimum of 7 working days before you will be able to move in your property. Although every effort will be made by all parties to accommodate your moving date, unfortunately, no guarantees can be made. Amistad letting agents will notify you within 48 hours as to whether your application has been successful. Once your application has been approved, a mutually convenient time and date will be agreed for the tenancy to commence. At this point it will be necessary for all prospective tenants to meet at the property on the day of move in to sign the tenancy agreements and other relevant documentation. Both Tenants and Amistad letting agents will retain a copy of each document.
Please note that an advanced payment of a month’s rent and the deposit must be paid either before or on the Move In day By bank transfer or card
You will also be asked to complete a standing order mandate for the monthly rental payments. This will be payable each month in advance and will be collected on a set date as stated in the tenancy agreement. For joint or multiple tenancies, only one mandate can be accepted. Tenants Content Insurance The Landlord is not responsible for insuring any of your personal belongings. Therefore we strongly recommend that you obtain adequate contents insurance. If you would like a free, no obligation quotation please contact Amistad for an instant quote. Non-Managed Lets
Where Amistad letting is not responsible for the management of the tenancy, you will be given the Landlord’s contact details in case you need to report any maintenance problems. Utilities Amistad letting will write to the gas, electricity and water suppliers notifying them of meter readings at the commencement of the tenancy. We will also write to the local authority for council tax purposes. Please note that we strongly recommend that you also inform the suppliers to ensure that your details have been received and processed. Landlords As an independent Estate Agent, a cost effective solution can be provided without compromising quality of service. Service Introduce a tenant and you manage the property.Comprehensive photographs and description of the property.
- To Let Board.
- In- house advertising.
- Advertise on Amistad letting website and other portal.
- Accompanied viewings.
- Full vetting of potential tenant(s) including credit checks.
- Supply and completion of tenancy agreement and necessary paperwork.
- Supply and completion inventory documents.
- Collection of first months rent and deposit.
Full Management Service
An all-inclusive management service.
- Comprehensive photographs and description of the property
- To Let Board
- In- house advertising
- Advertise on Amistad letting website and other portal
- Accompanied viewings
- Full vetting of potential tenant(s) including credit checks
- Supply and completion of tenancy agreement and necessary paperwork
- Supply and completion inventory documents
- Rent collection from tenant and online payments
- Provide monthly rent statements
- Compliance with tenancy deposits regulations
- Notices to vacate and necessary paperwork
- Organising and managing statutory safety checks (gas and electric)
- Transfer of utilities
- Regular inspections undertaken to ensure that the tenant(s) are complying with the terms of the Tenancy Agreement.
- Provision of repairs and maintenance works in consultation with you.
- Keeping you informed with Regulations concerning your property and advise accordingly.
- Manage check out process and deductions.
Once the tenancy comes to an end, we would be happy to commence marketing to re-let the property.